Wherever food is handled, waste is produced. Waste food creates hygiene risks no matter where it is transported or stored and handling it is a time-consuming, non-profitable process. The Envac system removes all manual handling and transport and turns waste into an important environmental resource instead.
Huge amounts of waste are produced in commercial kitchens, mostly in the form of bulky packaging or heavy organic waste food. Handling this waste poses a hygiene risk and a health and safety issue. Restaurants also have to meet current environmental standards with regards to sorting waste at source and Envac provides a solution that is economically and financially sustainable.
Waste is thrown into conveniently located inlets within the kitchen and vacuumed through a pipe network to a refrigerated storage unit located in the basement or outside the building. These storage units are then emptied using a sludge or vacuum truck.
This improves the working environment for both employees and cleaning staff whilst providing a much more efficient method of handling waste.
As the system is hermetically sealed, waste will not attract pests or insects or release unpleasant odours.
Advantages of the Envac Kitchen Waste System include:
- Improved hygiene – no odour, no leaks, no bacteria, no insects
- No manual handling or transportation of food waste
- Valuable space can be freed up in the kitchen for additional workspace
- Waste food handling is kept completely separate from the handling of fresh ingredients
- Waste inlets can be positioned within comfortable reach of worktops
- The waste storage location is independent of where the inlets are placed. It is normally located in a position where the waste collection vehicle has clear access such as outside the building or in the basement
- The storage area does not need air conditioning
- ISO 14001 compliant
- Compliant with the strict HACCP hygiene requirements
- Investment costs are offset by low operation and maintenance costs